Saturday, 25 July 2009

Royce': Simply the best

I'm not a big fan of sweets. However, I do make exceptions. Some of the things I can't say no to include: Key Lime Pie, bubblegum ice cream, fried Mars bar with vanilla ice cream and Royce' chocolates.

Hailing from Hokkaido, Japan, Royce' chocolates are perhaps the most delicious chocolates I've ever tasted. The taste is fresh, delicate, creamy and not too sweet - just the way I like it.



I was lucky enough to have been invited to the Royce' press event two days ago and learn more about the brand and sample some of their top-sellers and new products. After the event, we had a tour of the new Royce' concept store at Singapore's newest darling - the ION Orchard.

Some of the chocolates we sampled:


Nama Chocolate. This literally melts in your mouth as soon as you pop it in. My favourite kind is the Champagne Nama.


Royce's famous Potatochip Chocolate. Crunchy, salty and sweet. Delicious.


Pure Chocolate. These discs are how chocolates are supposed to taste like.


Prafeuille Chocolat or the berry cube. A 3mm-thin strawberry flavoured chocolate square filled with blueberry and raspberry cream. Heavenly.


The Royce' concept store boasts chic, white interiors and the latest refrigeration technology to ensure that their products stay fresh. Also, their customer service team is trained by top Royce' employees from Japan so expect nothing but the best.


The Royce' concept store is located at the new ION Orchard at B4. Other locations are at the Takashimaya Department Store and Suntec City Mall.

Click on images for a full size view.

4 comments:

jdphenney said...

Hi!! This entry of yours is really, really cool! and what makes it cooler is that I find this guy from Royce' really cute.. I got to talk to him for a while and we chatted and stuff.. I was able to get his name. He is Ryohei Kano, from Japan. He's an assistant manager of Royce' in Suntec but he helps out in the newly opened Royce' Ion. If it's not too much to ask, do you have more photos of Royce' store in Ion that probably have a shot of Kano? Are you staying in Singapore? I already came back here in the Philippines so there's no way that I'll be able to see him again or at least take a picture of him.

jdphenney said...

I think the guy in a coat and tie behind the glass box in the first photo is Kano but I'm not so sure... I kinda forgot his face already but Kano sure looks cute.. probably the best looking among the other Royce' guys there..haha! sorry if i may seem to be so desperate.. If only I could fly back to Singapore now I would.. I definitely miss Orcahrd, and Ion, especially Royce' store..^^

ALPHABETICALIFE said...

jdphenney:
Hi there! Thanks for your kind words and information on Ryohei Kano. Unfortunately, those are the only photos I have of him. Let's hope that he's still here when you visit Singapore again!

jdphenney said...

Ohh... He said he'll stay in Singapore until May next year. Wishfully I'll be back next month. Not sure though. If I do I'll make sure I visit Royce', would be number one on my itinerary. haha! Can't believe I'm acting so middle school-ish...haha! Thank you still for posting photos, and yeah, your blogs are cool..^^ Hope when you pass by Ion one of these days you remember Royce' and maybe take another photo, with Kano on focus. haha! Thanks again. Keep blogging..Godbless...^^

ShareThis